[Coco] Re: Super TRS-80 with a BIG plus...

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 00:26:50 EST 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 10:12 am, Richard E. Crislip wrote:

> Man! Didja notice the wear marks on that keyboard? I bet there are at
> least 1000 hours on that machine! That poor thing has got to be on
> its last leg.

Actually, a Mod 3 is a damned rugged piece of gear.  I recall one back
in the late 80s that had been in storage under incredibly bad
conditions for several years that a customer brought in for repair, as
it wouldn't boot any DOS.  (Was fine with BASIC ROM).  Repair center
wrote on tag "Removed dead mouse from drive 0, cleaned, tested OK".  My
RSCC manager (a man with a slightly twisted sense of humor, probably
why we got along so well) sent it back to repair with a note "Customer
was not aware that mouse was available option for Model 3.  Would like
mouse repaired and reinstalled".
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net    http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

"And I don't like the idea of going _anywhere_ near the gods.  We're
like toys to them, you know."  _And they don't realise how easily the
arms and legs come off_, he added to himself.
                                Terry Pratchet, _The Last Hero_