[Coco] Re: Where's everybody goin'?

James Ross jr at webross.com
Sun Mar 21 16:27:07 EST 2004

Theodore (Alex) Evans wrote:

>I have installed a number of different Linux distributions over
>the years, and when I did my first one with Slackware 3.2 (and that is
>a three and not an eight)

My first Linux installation ever, was Slackware 2.3. No typo! hehe! :)
It came with a book called "LINUX Configuration and Installation"
First Edition. Copyright 1995.  Kernel 1.2.x. Quite a lot has changed
since then.

As opposed to what I might sound like in this thread, I like Linux a
whole lot.  I just don't use it as my main workstation as per stated
reasons. The whole open source movement is very fascinating.

But I also understand the self-satisfaction of learning Linux and
making it do the things you want it to.  Definitely, a million more
possibilities with it than with Windows, at any level because it is
totally open. Limited only by your imagination.

And SCO can go to, you know where -- that hot place!

JR