[Coco] screen saver Very Off Topic

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 12:41:59 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/16/04 11:03:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
robert.gault at worldnet.att.net writes:

> All screen savers use .scr as the extension. These are not graphics
>  images but programs with imbedded images. If you look at scrfile in your
>  registry, you will see that they are "run" by desk.cpl, the desktop
>  control panel.

Boy oh boy, I bet those are a great place to hide a virus, trojan, worm, etc.

BTW, my Win98 says that .SCR files are plain Executable, don't need to be run
by anything else.  Though I suppose desk.cpl is what fires off your currently
selected saver after N minutes.  --Mike K.