[Coco] Re: Where's everybody goin'?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 12:41:52 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/17/04 1:27:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
alxevans at concentric.net writes:

> There are a handful of threading mail clients.  The first one that
>  comes to mind is YAM, but I would bet it won't run on your hardware.
>  IIRC both pine and elm support a threading mode.

ISTR that when I first set up AOL 4.0, it had an option for filing received
email in threads.  I didn't choose that, and don't see that option nowadays
(maybe have to be online to look for it).  Often now I do wish I had it -- I
sometimes manually sort out saved email into self-created folders, thus emulating
threading.

But I did choose threading for its NetNews reader, and that works fine.

The only disadvantage of threading is that if someone replies to a thread
some days after it's died out, that new mail or article will be filed way up on
your screen where you might never notice it.  --Mike K.