[Coco] [Color Computer] Orchestra 90-cc information

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 15 23:05:41 EST 2004

magickian99 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a site to get info on the orchestra 90-cc music
> synthesizer?
> I have one now and would like to know how to use it.
> Thanks.
>
> Rev. Ernest Crowe

Do an Internet search and you might find a site. However without the
owner's manual (over 100 pages), you are going to have problems using
the pak. The problem is that the built in ROM software does not use
standard music notation but a text "shorthand" which is nothing like
sheet music.

The hardware of the ORC pak is 8-bit stereo and can be used by other
software as long as it is designed to work with 8-bit wave forms. The
8-bit data needs to be sent to $FF7A (left channel) and $FF7B (right
channel.)