[Coco] Computerware's "64K Screen Expander"

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 20:30:20 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/12/04 7:30:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
robert.gault at worldnet.att.net writes:

> If this program is like the published ones, it diverts all text to the
>  PMODE4 screen and has its own font set.

There was a similar replacement driver for OS9, same 51x24 characters.  I
bought one and used it extensively until I got a Word Pak 80, which kept Dynastar
going until I got a Coco 3.

The 51x24 chars on a PMODE4 screen were nicely readable on a monitor, but on
a color TV they were pretty hard to dope out.
Slow too, of course.  --Mike K.