[Coco] SuperIDE Comments

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Thu Mar 11 16:18:00 EST 2004

Thanks Boisy....It is a lot of work and the testing can be tough. At one time
I have two read errors after 36hrs of operation. Not good enough so I tracked
down the problem. Currently you can run it and you will get no errors.

The SuperBoard has been broken down it to smaller sections are developed. This
allows us to take a HUGE design and get the peices working. Even the best designers
will tell you it generally takes 2-3 board turns of prototypes to get all the
details and bugs worked out. The SuperBoard will be a 6-8 layer card. Prototypes
bare boards will run in the $200-$300 a board, some manufactues require a two
board min order. So you can see that I'll have over $1000 worth of proto PCB
before we hit production. So, the project was downsized so that when we hit
the SB we will be VERY sure the design will work, and work reliably.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9