[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: mystery chip on COCO2 XC80652P

peak at mail.polarcomm.com peak at mail.polarcomm.com
Wed Mar 10 15:53:04 EST 2004

James
One of my first loves was antique radio.Even before I found
Coco. A 1926 RCA is a TREASURE. If it is physically in good
shape dont change a thing. If you really want it to operate
and dont want to or cant get tubes then re-do the circuitry
in solid state I.E. JFETS , Hide the new circuitry in the
case somewhere (Fake Battery Pak),keep the tubes but only
power the filaments.

If it were mine I would not do this unless the set was in
very bad shape, but if you just gotta make it "play" then
consider the idea!

Eric

>Neil
>
>I have a 1926 RCA AM radio at my father's house.
>
>An old five tube receiver that tubes for it are gettign as
rare as hen's
>teeth.
>
>james
>

>On 7 Mar 2004 at 19:56, Neil Morrison wrote:
>
>To:             	"Coco" <colorcomputer at yahoogroups.com>
>From:           	"Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr at hotpop.com>
>Date sent:      	Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:56:06 -0800
>Copies to:      	Subject:        	[Coco] [Color
Computer] Re:
>mystery chip on COCO2 XC80652P
>Send reply to:  	ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com,
>	CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
><coco at maltedmedia.com>
>	<mailto:coco-
>request at maltedmedia.com?subject=unsubscribe>
>	<mailto:coco-
>request at maltedmedia.com?subject=subscribe>
>

>> My first boss when I took up tube repair had one of those
German