[Coco] OT: Old Radio Tubes

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Mar 8 12:59:24 EST 2004

I have a really ancient tube that I found in a field in upstate New York.
It is a de Forrest Audion, which, according to
http://www.digidome.nl/history.htm was the first vacuum tube, a triode,
invented by Lee de Forrest in 1906, though mine is a somewhat later model,
showing on the base various patent dates in the early 1900s.  Has four fat
stubby pins.  Worth anything as a collectors item, I wonder?

Art