[Coco] I'm signing off - 6309 Microprocessor Enhancements

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sun Mar 7 22:57:42 EST 2004

John, I hope you hung around long enough to get a little feedback on this....

Look.  Just take a vacation from computers.  This has worked for me in the
past when I was having major job, girlfriend, or even wife problems.  In my
short 18 or so years of intense computer activities, I have been hit with
every obstacle known to man.  I wouldn't go so far as to say my ex -wife
was an obstacle, but it was pretty hard finishing Projector-3 back then and
even shipping a bunch of copies to several of the CoCo fests.  Believe it
or not, that was a nightmare.  She hated me programming even when I cut
back on it a great deal.

Anyway, If I could go back and relearn everything the way I've learned, and
am still learning, I'd keep it the same.  Right now I'm having issues with
a girlfriend who's confused :), and sometimes it can force you to lose
focus.  Just between me and you (and the rest of the list) , it has been
the girlfriends and jobs in the past that I attribute all of my programming
accomplishments to... because every time I'd split up or have problems, I
*knew* I could fall back on the other thing I loved and that is
programming.  At the same time, there's been many times where I wanted to
throw it all in the river and go move into the mountains like Grizzly
Adams.  Know what I mean?  And don't think I won't do it! :)

But seriously, John.   You've learned WAY too much to quit now.  Just take
a vacation from it all, and then surprise us one day when you come
back.  This always works for me.  Always!

And you know everybody appreciates what you're doing.

As for the state of our country... well, it's gone.  My advice?  Have 8
kids.  Teach them to vote, and to multiply.  :)