[Coco] [Color Computer] composite video conversion for Coco2

sadolph sadolph at magma.ca
Sun Mar 7 19:36:59 EST 2004

James, thanks for the information.  I've gotten some of this right so far--
(the datasheet is pretty good for this part)

-  pins 13/14 are biased up from 5V with a diode drop to separate them
-  pin 12 has only 1kohm to +5V right now (i took out my 7.5V supply..not
needed as you point out).  pin 12 is taking about 13 mA, which if biased
through 3900 ohms would need much more V than is there-- should I change to
3900 ohms?  This would seem too high, and would bias down to near ground if
sourced from +5V--unless output current will drop accordingly.
- I'm using the emitter follower amp from Neil's site to buffer the
composite signal out to the RCA jack.
- the original audio circuit I assume was modulating the audio and mixing it
in according to TV audio channel specs.  I changed that circuit to be a
simple emitter follower essentially the same as what is used in Coco3.

It's working not too bad as it is, but I think the levels and/or bias are
off.  I don't have a scope to check it out.  I know that after the 22 ohm
resistor, the voltage level is around 2.2 VDC.

If you have time for more advice on how to deal with the pin 12 resistance
that would be great!

thanks, Steve