[Coco] [Color Computer] Update on archive....

Chet Simpson ytunnel3 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 20:20:02 EST 2004

I've been fairly busy over the week (playing Daggorath - again) and
havn't had a chance to send personal responses to requests I've
received in email but wanted to post an update for everyone in one
shot. For those that sent me emails I'll be sending you a reply
sometime this weekend along with links on where to grab the files.

I've gone through archive #1 (the small 28mb one) and have seperated
it into various projects and sections. I'll be posting the first
batch of files on one of my servers in the next few days. Some parts
of the archives will be available only for a short time since they
are somewhat large and are really intended for a small audience but
is mostly the CoCo list archives (unfortunately 96 only goes to
about mid july).

One of the projects in the archive that I came across was something
I had totally forgotten about - os9rdump. This takes any os9/rma .r
file and disassembles it by first tracing the execution paths and
then the actual disassembly. I checked it out and fixed a couple of
the last remaining bugs but it still doesn't emit the psect/vsect
properly (minor problem). It also handles .l files and will output
either to stdout or create individual .asm files based on the module
name inside the ROF. I had considered reworking the disasembler to
be a bit more configurable and handle individual files and input a
predefined data/code listing for the possibility of an interactive
debugger but presently don't have time to dive into anything CoCo.
The internals could easily be modified to also work with RSDOS .bin
files or .r and .obj files created by other assemblers though and
it's someone commented. I'll probably make a couple of updates to
this util as time permits. This is the same ROF disassembler I
mentioned in March of 2002 - better late than never :D

There are a few projects that seem somewhat useless but there's
gotta be a reason they made their way into the archive so they'll be
released as well.

I've decided that I'm going to release the components over a period
of time. I want to make sure that they at least compile or assemble
and show signs of being somewhat usable. I'll try to provide
documentation and notes when possible (and when time permits).The
first batch should include os9rdump, casm, image master source, and
the Digger II source (with tools required to build it).

Of course with most of these projects being development oriented I
gotta ask.....Is anyone even writing new software for the Coco
anymore?

...Chet...

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/CFFolB/TM