[Coco] gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco -> NULL

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Mon Mar 22 23:57:22 EST 2004

Hi,

Note the change of the subject!

It has been pointed out in the past that with the pending demise of
Princeton's "Bit.Listserv.CoCo" mailing list that the UseNet
*"Bit.Listserv.CoCo"* NewsGroup will be deleted also. So there will soon be
no place to echo to!

I am in a unique position to possible save the "UseNet Bit.Listserv.CoCo
NewsGroup".

A short 12 minute van drive north would perhaps put me at the front door of
the office that Perhaps controls the NewsGroup's fate and any possible
mirroring to it.

Why have I not filled up my van's tank with gas and set out (Actually the
tank is full) to drive to the office?

Many reasons:

I do not know what is going on. The one person who should know I am certain
does not! And he is the only person that could find out and perhaps change
things. That person is simply NOT available. Thus it is impossible to
determine the best action we should take. The default action of doing
nothing is continuing.

I have been waiting patiently for Gene to return from his transmitter
resuscitation assignment to ask him to suspend his suggestion that no one do
anything as our only course of action. I hope that he is well and did not
take a fast ride down the mountain without a snow board.

The threat of sabotage. An evil minded person may be involved, or at least
one who did / does not know what their actions have sent in motion and is
keeping quiet about what they did.

That is why I have been trying to not post names, locations and contact
information. Too many cooks in the kitchen are bad if there is no head chef.

My intent is and always has been to tell the truth. The way the truth is
told may be of little value or great value to help the actions being taken
be more like what we as a group would like happen.

I cannot print.  My printer refuses to start. It must be fixed or a
replacement obtained before April 15. You all know why.

I think that the best course of action would be to hand deliver a letter or
letters to the person in control of UseNet *"Bit.Listserv.CoCo"* NewsGroup.

Action planned: Wait for Gene a little longer and hope that he is willing to
suspend his suggestion and help formulate our plans.

HELP!  If you wish to help please generate letters and send them to me or
other interested parties for comments.

I am sure that some of you would think that it is best that I not be the
only letter writer.

There is a deadline approaching I believe when the orders will be sent out
to close "Bit.Listserv.CoCo". Think weeks at best, days more likely.

And all this started with my suggestion that we thank our hosts for over
15 years of great service to "Bit.Listserv.CoCo".

Bootstrap Bill wrote:
> Has anyone considered mirroring this group to bit.listserv.coco? The
> advantage is that Google Groups would archive it.

I have already suggested and I believe that the list is already being
archived. Without our E-mail addresses I assume as need be any mirroring.