[Coco] [Color Computer] Digger II (and source archive) as Freeware

Chet Simpson ytunnel3 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 21:17:39 EST 2004

Hello all!

Been a long time since I've talked to anyone form the CoCo days and
unfortunately the state of the bit.listserv.coco newsgroup is
extremely bad with all the SPAM (20 coco messages out of 500? ICK!).

Anyway, I received an email several months back on one of the
accounts I no longer use requesting information about Digger II:
Return of the Saint and the possibility of releasing it as freeware
or open source. Although I no longer have working disk images I do
have the source code and all game data in my backups or archives
including the assembler and other tools used to build the binary
images.

Currently the archive includes the following works:

as9 - with some conversions
casm - enhanced version of as9 with conditionals, structs, macros,
local labels and several other options.
bcc6809 - An unfinished enhancement of the BCC C Compiler targeted
for 6809 and 6309 CPU's
copt - unfinished rework of a the C Peephole Optimizer included with
BCC
unproto - utility to remove ANSI C prototypes
Image Master Source Code
gmake - modified GNU Make Source (not sure why it's in there)
emacs - OLD OLD OLD Source for emacs. Probably for testing BCC
Gold Runner 2000 Source Archive
Digger II Source Archive (derived from GR2K)
CASM Dev Server - CoCo program for uploading binary executables for
testing
CASM Dev Client - PC Based client for uploading the binary
executables.
Real time multi-voice mod like playback system I was working on for
games including a mod file conversion utility.
Sprite Compiler - compiled graphics data with masking into
executable code that was usually no bigger than the graphics (SUPER
FAST BLITS!!!)
??Full?? CoCo List Archives from 93, 94, 95, and 96
A lot of other misc. code and tools which I created over the years.

I am currently in the process of rearranging the archive and running
diffs on all the various packages to eliminate any code archives
which may be duplicates although I highly doubt there will be any.
Right now the zip archive sits at a little over 27MB with an
alternative zip archive of 8MB. I created this archive sometime in
2002 and haven't looked at it since so it may take a few days before
I can make a full distro available.

I would prefer to hand this over to someone that is interested in
making use of the source code and utilities or expanding on the
development of it. I am also considering uploading the contents of
the archive to my Dev6809 SourceForge project which I never ended up
using.

I know at one time I had an almost complete archive of the CoCo and
OS-9 Delphi Forums up to around message 100,000. **IF** I can locate
the archive I'll include it in the distro.

You can contact me either here or through my primary email address:
secure at ytunnelpro.com

Chet "The Saint" Simpson

Yahoo! Groups Links