[Coco] Erratic MPI Behavior

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Mar 16 16:24:48 EST 2004

Folks,

I have a 26-3124 MPI, upgraded for the CoCo 3, that behaves in the
following manner:

90% of the time, with a working disk controller and DOS in slot 4 and
the switch at that position, the CoCo 3 fires up in ECB, not Disk
BASIC. If I turn the CoCo and MPI off and on enough times, it will
eventually fire up into Disk BASIC, but a power cycle usually results
in the ECB screen again.

This is a major annoyance.  Another MPI of the same model, also
upgraded, works consistently in place of this one.  Something is wrong
with this Multi-Pak.

I've scrubbed both sides of the card edge connector with an eraser
thinking that dirty leads might be the cause.  Still, the same behavior
persists.

Does anyone have any possible ideas on what this might be?

Boisy