[Coco] File comparison utility

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 16:55:25 EDT 2004

--- Stephen Blunt <sblunt at agsecorp.com> wrote:
> Going through my tapes I have found that I saved several versions but now I
> have no clue which was the latest. Does anyone have a file comparison
> utility?

Basic or Binary? I don't have such a utility (that I know of) but if it's basic
I'd save each version as ASCII, transfer to PC (or Mac) and compare there. Once
you look at the code, you may remember the last thing you worked on and be able
to pick out the latest version.

Hindsight's 20/20, so...
I've been putting a REM at the beginning with a DATE and Rev. letter.
Periodically I'll backup the file to two places, then immediately increment the
revision letter on the copy I'm editing. Each new day the letter goes back to
A. This has been a lifesaver for Color FOG, which consists of seven unique
Basic modules which I might modify on a real CoCo, emulated CoCo or in a text
editor on the PC.

Good luck,
Bob