[Coco] Radio Shack catalog lookup

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Jun 16 22:08:17 EDT 2004

At 08:30 PM 6/16/2004, you wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 01:25:03 -0500
>Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
>
> > I have placed self-written code on www.coco3.com for searching a
> > simple database file for Radio Shack catalog numbers.  Please let me
> > know what you think.
> >
> > look in the left column, 2nd box down
> >
> > The catalog data was obtained over a year ago and I have no idea when
> > it was last updated, but it does have a lot in it, along with prices
> > that look like they were in the late 80's.
>
>Hi, Roger.  I went and I tried it out. But, I had a problem. When I
>entered a non-existant cat number, I directed me to an error page, but
>the page was the HTML text. (aka <HTML><HEAD>...)
>
>If you want a screenshot, let me know...

That's my good ole exception handler at work.  :)  I knew there would be
some kind of problem.  I'm thinking that each server out there may point
it's "current" directory at the cgi-bin directory or the html directory, so
I'm going to try using a full pathname to the database file using cgi-bin's
environment variables.  Try again later.
Thanks