[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] 6847T1 datasheet

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jun 7 15:14:10 EDT 2004

All

The MC6847 has an internal character generator ROM. Motorola
has a common practise to add a letter number designator to the end
of the standard part for different mask sets or different character
sets. This will differentiate the off the shelf part from the custom
part as ordered by a particular customer.

The T1 ending is just that. It was ordered with a different character
rom mask by either Tandy or another vendor and that marking
differentiates what Motorola offers for the standard MC6847 part.

james