[Coco] Coco GIME

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jun 7 08:28:24 EDT 2004

David

I started looking into the possibility of doing a GIME Chip in VHDL and is doable.
The one part of the GIME chip that will not be apart of an FPGA is the internal
analog oscillator. To do an improved and VHDL model of the GIME chip will not
easily be backward compatible pin count.  One would almost have to consider a
new board layout.

You can use one FPGA for the 6809 and one for the GIME chip and a CPLD for the
rest of the glue logic. One thought was to be able to do full VGA screen with 31KHz
scan. The problem with this that several OS9 modules will have to be modified to
take advantage of that. What I was thinking along the lines of adding the capability
of incorporating the ability to drive an LCD monitor as well as RGB analog monitors.

RIght now until I get settled in my new place and finish a couple of other
commitments, I plan to start this project up again. Should be about the end of June.

james