[Coco] ScrEd Manual Wanted ( I'm at work :)

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 30 17:45:25 EDT 2004

Paul T. Barton wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Please give me a pointer to the ScrEd Manual,
> I'm at work and want to try it again.
> I know it's in the DevPak docs (at home).
>
> I tried looking on RTSI, can't find it.
>

> Paul

I've not seen this on line but there is not much you need to start using
scred. There needs to be a file termset in your /dd/sys directory. Scred
uses the information in termset to see the type of terminal in use.
There also needs to be the file  scred.help in /dd/sys.

The start options for scred can be found with   scred -?
Syntax for scred is     scred [filename] [-option]
Once scred is running in edit mode (which it does automatically if a
file is named)    ? ENTER     will bring up on-line help for the Edit mode.

There does not seem to be any on line help for the Command mode. That's
not much of a problem because most of the commands are seldom used. The
important ones are:
ol  filename ENTER        load existing file
ed  ENTER                 enter Edit mode
ne  filename ENTER        create a new file and start editing it
wr  ENTER                 write out file; don't leave scred
ex  ENTER                 write out file and leave scred
ab  ENTER                 close file with no changes; abandon
mo  ENTER                 gets more of your file when it exceeds
                           30K; starts at the Edit position
ch  ENTER                 replaces all occurences of a string
                           great for removing $0A from $0D0A lines
                ch
                string to find: ctrl-J  ?
                string to replace: ?
      and
                ch
                string to find: ctrl-J
                string to replace: space
      do the job.

Try the above and if you need more information, let me know.