[Coco] 128MB Compact Flash card for $10

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 15:09:28 EDT 2004

>Al wrote:
>For SuperIDE owners, TigerDirect has a 128MB Compact >Flash card for
>$9.99 after rebate right now.  I paid $45 for one at Wal->Mart or K-Mart
>or something not too long ago.

Yep, Tiger had that offer a month or two ago as well, and
I took them up on it; already received the CF card, but
the rebate takes longer.

Also note that the S&H charge is $9.95 since it comes via
UPS; there is/was no option to use USPS.  The kicker is
that it came in a box large enough to hold *two* loaves
of bread!!!  I complained that the CF card should have
been packaged in a padded 3-1/2 x 5" manilla envelope,
and that a USPS mailing option should be available.  Finally, it wasn't clear at the time if more than one CF card could quality for X number of rebates.

Unless my complaint has been acted upon, I'll no longer
make use of their $20 rebate offers which works out to
only $10 savings because of S&H.

-ph