[Coco] Re: Re: Nitros9 3.02.02 problem

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Fri Jul 23 19:30:32 EDT 2004

Don't give up.  Try these steps:

(1) Boot with your NitrOS-9 system master disk (not the customized boot
disk you made)
(2) at the shell, type: load ded
(3) take out the disk and insert your customized boot disk
(4) once inserted, type:  ded /d0/os9boot
(5) When ded presents the screen full of data, type the l key (as in
'l'ink)
(6) ded asks "Link to which module?" type: rbf  then press ENTER
(7) Now you are editing RBF in the os9boot file.  Type s (as in
's'ector)
(8) ded asks "SECTOR = $"  type 7 then press ENTER
(9) Now you should be at LSN=$07 at the top of the screen.
(10) Press e as in 'e'dit.  The cursor appears at the top
(11) move down to offset C5.
(12) That location should have 25.  Type: 21 and press ENTER
(13) Type w as in 'w'rite.  Ded asks are you sure?  type Y
(13) type v as in 'v'erify
(14) type q as in 'q'uit
(15) reset and boot.

Boisy