[Coco] assembly questions?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jul 23 15:46:56 EDT 2004

Kevin

I have investigated two open cores for the 6809 and the one major
problem is that they both require a 200K gate Xilinx Spartan II
series FPGA.

I have started investigating this and have started some preliminary
work. There are at least two commercially available cores that can
go to either FPGA or directly to ASIC. Considering that the original
part was done on a 4 inch wafer and with greater than 1 micron
technology, this is by far inferior to modern wafer processign. Today
if the 6809 were to be done it would definitely be at least .25 micron
CMOS at 3.3 VDC or lower. On today's wafer processing, the
speeds could easily reach 16 if not 25 MHz buss.

james