[Coco] Re: Nitros9 3.02.02 problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 23 08:43:17 EDT 2004

Charlie wrote:
> Thanks for the reply! Can you explain to me exactly how to "patch" RBF? I'm
> using the 6809L2 and would be booting from the Nitros9 disk as downloaded
> from Nitros9.org
>
> Thanks
> Charlie
>

> "Boisy G. Pitre" <boisy at boisypitre.com> wrote in
> message news:EE8B8F14-DC52-11D8-AAA3-0003939F08E6 at boisypitre.com...
>
>>Charlie,
>>
>>This is the result of a bug in RBF that was introduced in 3.2.2.  I
>>posted a fix a couple of days ago to the list...
>>

>>>debug
>>>L RBF
>>>. .+795  (that is period space period+795)
>>>=21

The sequence that Boisy gave is the method for making the patch. Debug
is a program which comes with the package. The command sequence is
debug
L RBF                 which links to the rbf module
. .+7C5               moves forward $7C5 bytes to the byte needing change
=21                   indicates to change the value to 21
Q                     leaves Debug

This leaves you with a patched rbf in memory but with a bad crc. Boisy
forgot to mention you must now save this change to make things permanent.

cobbler /d0             if that is the boot drive
dEd /d0/os9boot         dEd is on your disk
L rbf                   tell ded to link to the rbf module
V                       verify the module
Q                       leave dEd

Your change is now permanent and rbf has a good crc value.

There is a slightly shorter route if you use modpatch to make the byte
change because modpatch contains a verify command.