[Coco] Re: multi-pak auction on ebay

Coco Pilot cocopilot at verizon.net
Thu Jul 22 09:33:52 EDT 2004

Charlie wrote:

>I would love to have another multipak for my 2nd COCO3.
>I actualy always wanted one of the original grey ones. I don't think I'll
>ever be able to get one though.

There's a good chance that a  26-3124  MultiPak  has the original PAL
chip, and would work with your coco2.

Here's a quote from Mark's website (cloud9tech):
"Here's a simple test that will determine if your Mulit-Pak has already
been upgraded to work with a CoCo 3.
 From BASIC's OK prompt, type PRINT PEEK(&HFF90) and press ENTER. If 126
is returned then the
Multi-Pak has been upgraded. If it returns 255 then it has NOT been
upgraded."

So, if you get an MPI and it the above peek returns 255, then it's the
original PAL chip and will work fine on the grey coco.
If it's been upgraded,  maybe Mark has some of the original PAL chips
stowed away somwhere.

-Ben