[Coco] Re: Help with ms-dos DSKINI please

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 22:53:51 EDT 2004

Hi Robert. Tonight a made a good copy of this image using MESS. Here is what
I went through.

I downloaded The Nitros9 release. Renamed the t40 disk1 to .os9
Renames lsl.dsk to lsl.os9
Booted Nitros9 is MESS

**Here is the part that threw me. When I tried to create a OS9 disk in MESS
it just didnt do anything. So I made a copy of lsl.os9 (lsl2.os9) and
formatted lsl.os9

I loaded dsave and os9gen.
mounted /d0 lsl2.os9 (the copy with the game)
mounted /d1 lsl.os9 (newly formatted)

dsave -b /d1 ! shell

Whammo! I was able to use dskini to make a coco floppy of lsl.os9.
When I tried to create a MESS JVC type DSK file, this floppy didn't work on
my coco.

I will upload the new image tomorrow (i hope) for anyone interested in
playing LSL :-)

Many thanks to everyone who helped / provided the goods. I've always wanted
to play this game on my COCO and now I can after all these years.

Charlie

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote
in message news:cdhsgf$cph$1 at sea.gmane.org...