[Coco] Help with ms-dos DSKINI please

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 19 18:51:44 EDT 2004

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

><snip>
> Therefore, I postulate that $03 is the correct DD.FMT value for a double
> sided 5.25" disk.
>
> Boisy

We agree that byte $10 means double density double sided when $03 and
double density single sided when $02.

When MESS sees a file extension of .dsk, it looks for a JVC header which
is not on this disk image. When MESS see the extension .os9, it reads
the first sector for disk properties.

In the case of this image run as a .dsk file with no JVC header,
changing the DD.FMT byte to single sided works however you want to
explain it.

So, I should have explained this differently but the precedures given
work. The main problem is why won't DSKINI.EXE convert this image to a
real floppy. I don't have the answer for that.