[Coco] Help with ms-dos DSKINI please

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Jul 19 11:17:01 EDT 2004

On Jul 19, 2004, at 10:08 AM, Robert Gault wrote:

> There is a problem with the lsl.dsk file but it is usable. The image
> seems to actually be a single sided disk but lsn0 indicates the disk
> is double sided. It can be read in MESS if lsn0 byte $10 is changed
> from $03 to $02.

Robert,

The image IS a double-sided disk image.  How did you determine that the
image is single sided?

> The image does have a problem with track 11 when using dskini.exe. My
> suggestion would be to use MESS to create a blank t40 d os9 disk and
> dsave the files form the lsl.dsk to the new one. Then dskini.exe
> should work.

I cannot say why there is a problem with that particular track.  DSKINI
makes no attempt to interpret the contents of a disk image -- it merely
sees it as a stream of bytes.

I'm totally unsure why Charlie is having the problems he is having.

Boisy