[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCo keyboard

Bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 11:32:00 EDT 2004

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "John Kent" <John0457 at h...>
wrote:
> Depends on which version has the most games for it.
> I guess I should keep it simple to start off with.

Here's a CoCo1 Technical Manual...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kryten_droid/coco/coco_tm.htm

I think this is for an early revision (C or D) board.

> What I need to do is to simulate a switch matrix from
> these ASCII codes that emulate the key contact closures.
> I could hand wire a keyboard switch matrix to the
> I/O port of the FPGA, but I would much prefer to use
> a PS/2 keyboard instead
I understand...

The article is in the RTSI\OS9_6X09\HARDWARE folder.
If you think the 8808 chip could work, I've already
located a source. Email me privately for details.
But you can probably simulate this chip too, no?

It sounds like a pretty cool project! I'd like to
offer my help in any way possible.
Bob
theother_bob at yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob/coco_page/ccprojects.htm