[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCo keyboard

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Jul 18 09:27:56 EDT 2004

Robert

Be aware that Motorola last year totally discontinued the
MC68HC11E2 processor. While these can be fou nd in surplus on
EBAY and other sources, they will be dryig up. The E2 can
besimulated with an E1 and an external ROM.

Another approach is that there are some open source code to do
hardware in FPGA to intrerface to a PS2 mouse and keyboard. For
OS9 it would then be SCF driver/descriptor addition to handle the
serial input from the PS2 style keyboard and mouse.

james