[Coco] Re: More Shell+2.2a problems

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 14 18:23:57 EDT 2004

Charlie wrote:

>> chx /h0/games/sierra/cmds
>> chd /h0/games/sierra
>> sierra </1
>>

> Can anyone explain why this simple script would work in Shell+2.1 but
> not  2.2a and also if there is anyway to make it work.
>
> Or with Shell+2.2a do we have to remember every thing to merge, load,
> chx,  chd, and type it all manualy to run every app.
>
> The main reason I'm asking is because Nitros9 uses Shell+2.2a and I'd
> like  to know the correct way to easily make little scripts to run apps.
>
> Charlie

Are these games supposed to run in a window or a vdg screen? Are you
running the script from the same type of screen that the game needs?

There can be problems starting a vdg game from a window. If that is the
case, you may need to redirect the ouput to the correct screen/window
rather than standard output.