[Coco] Nitros9 Boot

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 12 17:22:30 EDT 2004

John Donaldson wrote:
>  I am getting ready to make a new NITROS9 boot onto a 80track DSK. I am
> using JC's 6309 version
> of JV's emulator. I want to have clock2 correctly display the clock from
> the MSDOS system.
> Which Clock2 do I use for this. Is it the software clock??
>   Since I am also including the Hard drive support ( ddh0.dd, h0.dd,
> emudsk.dr) do I need to use the
> sysgo_h0 or the sysgo_dd.
>
> John Donaldson

Looking at the source code for clock2.asm in the Nitros9 package, there
does not seem to be a version for the JV emulator. That emulator
presents time values at:

$FFC0 year first two digits
$FFC1 year second two digits
$FFC2 month
$FFC3 day
$FFC4 day of week
$FFC5 hours
$FFC6 minutes
$FFC7 seconds

You don't need to be in ROM mode and can get the values in Disk Basic
just by PRINT PEEK(&HFFC0) continuing for the rest.