[Coco] *real* artifact colors / F2 alternate color set

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Jul 6 16:29:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Roger Taylor wrote:

> >On the CoCo3 you always get Red/Blue... hold down F1 and press reset to get
> >Blue/Red (and black on purple 32 col text screen).
>

> My question is, has anybody ever figured out the REAL meaning behind the F2
> option which switches in the "alternate" color set?
>
> Could this be related ANY to the rumoured 256-color mode?

What F2 option?  My memory is a bit hazy, but I have no recollection of
such.  Maybe a switch from the default CMP (I think) to the alternate RGB
set of pallette assignments?

Art

(Of course, many people would have forgotten the existence of the F1
switch, since it has no effect whatever if you are using an RGB monitor,
which probably applies to most CoCo 3 users.)