[Coco] Coco1 repair parts ??

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Jul 6 01:29:40 EDT 2004

At 11:09 PM 7/5/2004, you wrote:
>I've got a Coco1 with no 5v output. It looks like either or both the
>2N6594 PNP power transistor and MPSW01 NPN (switch?) are bad.
>
>Does anyone know of equivalent parts that are readily available? These
>look like they may be hard to find.

My first ever CoCo repair was with my first CoCo 2 with 16k that I guess
couldn't take the summer heat back then.  I don't know why I chose the chip
to replace, but it was the SALT chip and I ordered it through a local Radio
Shack.  I bought a desoldering iron and replaced this chip.  My CoCo came
back to life.  Doesn't the SALT chip provide either 5v or 12v?

Roger Taylor