[Coco] Re: Will the *real* artifact colors please stand up?

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Mon Jul 5 21:53:44 EDT 2004

In article <20040705202838.6646F1A978 at five.pairlist.net>,
sock at axess.com says...
[..]
>So, the currently collected data is:
>
>Model            box 1     box 2     box 3     box 4
>-------------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
>CoCo 3            red       B&W       blue      B&W
>CoCo 2            red    pale-blue    blue    pale-red
>CoCo 1            red      green      blue     purple
>CoCo 1           purple     B&W      green      B&W
>
>Anyone else?  Please, if you have a CoCo 1 - let me know which four colors
>appear on your TV and what order they appear in:

On my D-board CoCo1, after resetting to start with red, I get:

  red
  b&W with FAINT greenish tinge
  blue
  b&w with VERY FAINT goldish tinge

This is from a video add-on board, not the RF output.  The HUE control
was set to give "balanced" red & blue.  If I enable the comb filter,
ALL the colors go away, including red & blue.  I get the same display
with a video-only CoCo2 (model 26-3128) with even less secondary color
but the red & blue artifact colors remain even with the comb filter on.

Rodney