[Coco] Will the *real* artifact colors please stand up?

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 17:23:59 EDT 2004

Well in the name of research, I went and dug out 'ol grey. It hasn't had
electrons flowing since at least '88... perhaps no surprise that it's not
working. Any CoCo1 techs out there?

At first I get a white border (PMODE3 or 1?) orange and white checkerboard,
then the video gets fuzzy and comes back in semigraphics (black border) with
orange blocks (FF) and inverted @ signs. in a checkerboard pattern.

Luckily I have an identical one here to swap parts out with... wow, look at all
the socketed chips! I guess I'll start with the RAM...

bbl,
Bob