[Coco] Portal-9/CCASM

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sun Jul 25 23:21:04 EDT 2004

Ok, I went through all of my source code and I am fixing errors related to
exception handling where I was breaking out of a try/endtry structure when
I should be falling through no matter what.  These structures are
stack-based and if you avoid the endtry statement, there's no telling what
can happen.  CCASM had a little of this going on as well.  CCASM also had
the stack alignment turned off which could keep it from running in some
versions of Windows.  ALSO, bugs that were fixed in HLA (the compiler I
use) directly affected both Portal-9 and CCASM in a way that it cripples
both systems in places that deal with certain string functions.  All this
time I was working around known some small flaws that HLA had in the stdlib
and now that they are fixed, I need to repair my code.

I am guessing that within the next week I should have a new release of the
Portal-9 system.