[Coco] RomPack

smostrom at mn.rr.com smostrom at mn.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 16:15:10 EDT 2004

I have a Coco rompack without a label that does not self-execute.  Upon opening the black shell, I see a circuit board that says "ANTECO" on the side nearest to the spring door, and has a fairly large black block on the other side of the board.  This block is fixed to the circuit board by pins.  In the middle of the block is a rectangular depression with an exposed chip.  This chip reads:

DALLAS
DS1216-
8911D2

My guess is a clock, but I don't see any kind of battery.  Anyone know for sure what this beastie does, or who manufactured it?

Thanks!

-- Steve --