[Coco] emulator problem

John Donaldson jadonaldson at charter.net
Sun Jul 11 18:21:41 EDT 2004

  I have JC's 6309 coco3 emulator running with the lastest nirtos9. I
have one problem so far.

My system is a old IBM 486 DX2 desktop
32Meg memory
DOS 6.2
144/720 3" drive in A:
360K DSDD 5.25" drive in b:

   I can format and even copy files over to both the 3" and 5.25 drives
just find using DSKINI from
MSDOS, but when I try and read or format the same drives from NitrOS9
they fail.
   If I attemp to read I get a seek error.
   If I try and format it, the first part seems to work, I can here the
frive step and it asks for a disk
naem, then when it is suppose to do the format, it fails. I have tried
two different 5.25 360K
DSDD drives, smae effect. I do NOT have any COCO3 or COCO1/2 systems to
the 5.25"
drives on.

Any ideas???

John Donaldson