[Coco] SuperIDE Update

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Mon Jul 5 20:19:51 EDT 2004

To all SuperIDE and HDB-DOS 1.1. owners:

Some of our customers have noticed an issue with particular brands of
CompactFlash devices being used in the SuperIDE interface.  The test domain
that we implemented prior to releasing the SuperIDE Interface took into
account several popular brands of CompactFlash, but of course, it was
prohibitive in terms of both time and money to purchase more makes and models.

This particular issue stems from the use of Kingston brand CompactFlash,
but other untested brands may also be affected.  The CompactFlash either
does not work, or behaves erratically.

We have developed a hardware and software solution which fixes the problem
permanently, and are recalling all SuperIDE Interfaces that were sold since
the product's launch.  We will update the SuperIDE free of charge, and
return it to you.

This issue brought to light some problems with HDB-DOS 1.1 that have also
since been corrected.  Send in your original HDB-DOS 1.1. disk (with label
affixed) along with your SuperIDE Interface and we will update the software
on the disk as well.

Please send a $5 check or money order to cover return postage.

Upon receipt of your SuperIDE Interface, disk and payment, we will update
the interface and disk and return it to you via US Mail.

Cloud-9
3749 County Road 30 S
Delano, MN 55328

Regards,