[Coco] Gal Logic

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jan 30 22:50:56 EST 2004

Mark

I disected the MEade ETX Autostar Telescope Controller and it uses
a 68HC11E1 with two 512Kx8 Flash that is banked switched in 32K
blocks. Believe me they have all but 64K of the two flash chips
filled. The main program takes about 250K and the rest is star
catalogs and two 32K banks for user storage.

Other than Cost I could not see why they didn't use the 68HC11K4.
It would have made their hardware abit more simpler. Oh well when
cost rules, one has to do some funny tricks to get things to work.

james.