[Coco] Re: Weather

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 30 12:01:13 EST 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 11:36, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Friday 30 January 2004 10:57, jadonaldson at charter.net wrote:
>>Well here in West Virginia, we have had three weeks of sub
>>freezing temps, snow is now upto 10 inchs deep. Got another
>>inch last night and weather says another inch today. Then
>>two days of clear cold weather below freezing, then Monday
>>we start all over again with snow for the next three days.
>>  All I can say, is the ground hog better NOT see his
>>shadow.
>>
>>John Donaldson
>
>Well, I go by our local one, whose name I seem to have forgotten,
> that punxatawny phil character is an out and out liar.
>
>I've got about 6" on the ground here in Weston. With a few flakes in
>the air now and then.  About 10F at 11:35am.
>
>Humm, tried new kernel patch just now, and seti isn't getting any
> time at all but user is at 97%.  Hummmmm.

False alarm, I forgot I had another kernel under construction.  So I
guess I reboot for the second time today.

And I just found something very neat about the newer linux kde, I'm
running the 3.2-rc1 release here now.  In an email message containing
a link to a patchfile, the link can be clicked on, and it will open
kcompare and show you the differences.  It can apparently also apply
the patch for you so all you have to do is rerun the build script &
reboot!  Just make sure that /usr/src/linux, the softlink, is
pointing at the srcs for the currently running kernel.  Unreal what
they'll do next. :) :-)  <--very big grin