[Coco] Re: Banked switched roms

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 14:30:58 EST 2004

Hello Bruce

I had that on my CoCo2. I really enjoyed the speed increase when I moved my
ProColor File files to it as well as the data for the address database
program I wrote. The one thing I had to incorperate into both programs was
an semi auto datasave routine, because if you dropped power of did
something else.... bye bye apple pie... there went all that hard work 8-).

On 01/29/04, Bruce Calkins wrote:
> This sounds like the J & R Banker, A 128k or 256k ram upgrade for the CoCo
> 1 and 2. It needed a patch for OS-9 which is not available yet (if ever?)
> for the nitrOS9 project. A neat toy but, little serious software exists
> for it.
>
> Bruce W.
>

>> Looking at the Feb. 1986 Rainbow I see a article about
>> the Banker.  Was this a 16K cartridge?  Just skimming
>> the article, did this ram disk use banking like the games
>> above?
>>
>> John Collyer

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                    _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard