[Coco] Re: 6309 microprocessor project 01-28-2004

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Thu Jan 29 09:21:21 EST 2004

You can do that right now you don't need to wait for this emulator to be
finished.
It is already possible with the coco3x.exe version 1.6, 1.7, 1.9 allows you
to have
up to 16Mb of main memory.  Just write the the software system to use it.
You
still need to move 8K pages in and out of the cpu's virtual address space.
See.
(Assembly Language Programming For the COCO 3, An Addendum) page 19.
It shows how the virtual extent is mapped to the physical 512K memory area.

As for VGA and 256 colors you can make programs all ready that will work
with the coco3x.exe version 1.7, 1.9.  How about you start with these
enhancements and you don't need to wait you can write the software now.

Maybe what you really want is to extend the 6309 register set to be 32-bits
instead of 16-bits.  That would give you the type of environment you desire.

John Collyer