[Coco] Re: Away Feb. 2-6; auto-rejects; Princeton what?

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Wed Jan 28 03:38:17 EST 2004

Hi,

Sorry for not explaining better. I had expected an answer that we had the
files already and was not prepared. I also assumed that my previous messages
had been read as well as Dennis's offer to receive the files.

The log files for the years that Dennis has archives differ only in that the
List server has the SPAM Messages.

My only concern was that we have archives of all the years that are
currently available on the list server. In suggesting to Princeton that they
close down B.L.CoCo they will also remove the Log files and the other files
(Cuts) I assume.

Dennis offered to receive the log files in a FTP incoming folder, and I
suggested that they be compressed. The log files E-M ailed back are just
simple text.

What we do with the log files is a separate question from the YES we have
all the logs "somewhere" safe. The traffic may be very low and may not
justify being on line. A message on one or more web pages saying they are
available may be sufficient. Your basic Web Master question, will anyone
want to read these logs. Perhaps Dennis has some activity stats on the log
files he currently has available.

Should someone ask for the old messages then we will be able to supply then.
The recent request for old Delphi messages had to answered by "sorry" not
available.

I myself would perhaps like to look at the discussion leading up to Jeff's
Emulator, Delphi at that point had been taken over fully by the OS-9 MM1
people and it appeared that the CoCo was dead. Questions might be asked
about the CoCo but the answers all said the MM1 is so much better, why do
you wish to keep fiddling with that old 8 bit computer. I was very surprised
when I first read the messages on B.L.CoCo about all that was being done.
Prior to 1991 I think. I have some logs from 1991-1997 to be added later.

I think that we will have shortly all of the files related to the CoCo that
are available and when that occurs then it is time to write the Thank You to
Princeton and suggest that they close down the SPAM collection and archive
service called Bit.Listserv.CoCo.

With my horrible failure with this effort I hope that help will be available
to make the thank you message readable.

Stephen H. Fischer <sfischer1 at mindspring.com>