[Coco] Re: S.E.C.S.

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Jan 27 17:12:42 EST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Brad Grier wrote:

> Arthur Flexser wrote:
> > Sigmon is an assembler/disassembler/debugger that I believe was written by
> > Steve Bjork.  I have some docs for it around somewhere that I could dig up
> > if you badly want to know how to do something with it.  It supports
> > cassette I/O only, though I once had a version patched for disk operation.
> > You could set breakpoints and single-step a program with it, I recall.
> >
> > Art
> >

> Steve Bjork? Interesting. You don't have to bother with the docs. I do
> remember now that Sigmon was cassette only. I was much happier when the
> EDTASM pak came out.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Brad

I used it mainly as a debugger and disassembler, and it was far better
than Edtasm for that.  Since I wasn't assembling programs, the lack of
disk I/O was irrelevant to me, and I never even bothered to use the disk
version.  I now recollect some of the most important commands:

DIS 2000 start disassembling at $2000
STEP 2000 single step at $2000, one step per press of the space bar
BRK 2000 set breakpoint at $2000
GO 2000 like "exec $2000"
PRT (or maybe PRT ON) send output to printer
ASM assemble
QUIT

Art