[Coco] Re: Newbie help: Barden Bubble w/ Portal-9

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Jan 27 14:31:40 EST 2004

At 11:22 AM 1/27/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:56:48 -0600
>  Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
>>I hope this doesn't add confusion to what is really a very simple concept.
>No Roger, I just add confusion to a very simple concept :)
>Jim

Not really... I've been asking confusing questions to the author of HLA for
years, and he's yet to get mad or go away.  I've written large Windows apps
but then I approach him sometimes with these silly questions that I should
already know.  What happens is that we tend to forget about some things we
have learned that we haven't been applying, but it's still in our mind
somewhere.  That's why people of all professions keep reference books
handy.  So I try to first dig through the HLA docs to find the answer
before I ask him.  This saves me from what I think is embarassment, but is
really my will to keep learning.  I think he sees that and appreciates
it.  Here on this list, there's plenty of veterans that have more
battle-scars than me, so you're bound to learn a lot.  Ask Ask Ask.