[Coco] Re: Newbie help: Barden Bubble w/ Portal-9

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 27 09:39:14 EST 2004

Theodore (Alex) Evans wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2004, at 7:39 PM,
> <jimcox at miba51.com> wrote:
>
>> Roger:
>>
>> I just assumed that since the code was listed in Bardens book that it
>> would run if EDTASM+ plus were installed in the CoCo, and so I thought
>> Portal-9 would do the same.
>> Jim
>

> I personally can confirm from experience that under EDTASM+ the code
> runs exactly as published.  Of course as pointed out, if you want to
> save it as a binary, you need to supply a load address when you load it
> off either cassette or disk.

I guess I should point out that one of the features of EDTASM+ is in
memory assembly in addition to assembly to disk. The IM switch is
intended for ZBUG use which permits running the ml program from within
EDTASM+; among other things.

When EDTASM+ does an in memory assembly, it automatically places the
code in a safe location so that EDTASM+ and system code is not over written.