[Coco] Newbie help: Barden Bubble w/ Portal-9

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Jan 27 00:58:51 EST 2004

At 09:39 PM 1/26/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Roger:
>I just assumed that since the code was listed in Bardens book that it
>would run if EDTASM+ plus were installed in the CoCo, and so I thought
>Portal-9 would do the same.
>Jim

The code in Barden's book was "meant" for EDTASM, but it's so simple that
most 6809 assemblers can handle it.

Portal-9 assembles files of a project (called components) one-by-one by
calling up CCASM automatically without your help.  However, there are a few
things that need to be set for each component in order for them to be
assembled.

in the left panel

1) an file format (multi-record, single-record, ROM, etc.)
         multi-record is how EDTASM saves LOADMable programs
2) an output filename (type in something like "sort.bin")
3) a disk file type (choose binary)
4) a disk image name
         main menu, Project, Add Target Floppy Disk, (type in a name)

In the left panel, make sure each .asm file reflects what is to be done
during the build process.  In the 'virtual disk name' field, make sure it
shows your .dsk image name (.dsk is assumed show this won't be shown).

That's basically it.