[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Dallas Quest

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 26 17:09:08 EST 2004

Stephen Blunt wrote:

> I never did have Dallas Quest but I am similarly stuck in "Sands of
> Egypt". I could never get past the first couple of moves. I think my
> disk is still working. I would love to back it up but it has copy
> protection on it.
>

> I know I am mainly silent on this listing as other commitments usually
> keep me too busy to delve back into my coco, but I'd just like to share
> a thanks with everyone who keeps it alive.
>
> Stephen Blunt

By passing the copy protection on Sands of Egypt is relatively easy and
the disk can be backed up.

Rather than getting into that aspect of the game, I have some maps
posted on my web site,
http://home.att.net/~robert.gault/Coco/FAQ/Sands_help.htm
and would be happy to discuss where you might be stuck in the game.

On an historcial note, this game was stunning when it was released
because of the then superb graphics.